It’s about more than just chucking some solar panels on the roof!
For quite some time now we have all been told that solar power is THE way to reduce electricity bills.
While solar is a logical step towards achieving cost savings, it’s not the only thing you can do. And for some people, it’s not the best thing you can do.
Depending on your customer classification, retail tariff, and how you use electricity (day/night, summer/winter, large amounts over a brief time period or small amounts over a longer time), there may be several other opportunities to take advantage of as well as, or instead of, solar power:
- Power Factor Correction: Reduces waste, an economical way to save money with short pay back periods.
- Demand Management: Using your electrical loads differently to reduce costs.
- Battery Storage: Not just storing energy to use at night, but when the price of electricity is more expensive.
- Automation: Controlling lighting, air-conditioning, and other loads remotely so they only operate when needed.
- Smart Devices: That recognise when excess generated power is going to be exported to the grid and diverts it to other electrical loads.
- Behaviour Change: Get your staff to stop wasting electricity.
- Energy Literacy: Learn about how you use and pay for electricity. Knowledge is power, and the more you know, the more you can do.
- Tariff Optimisation: Like a mobile phone plan, match your requirements with the best tariff and you will save money.
Need proof that this works?
We are a business based in Townsville, North Queensland. We have an office that accommodates five people, a boardroom, kitchen and bathroom facilities, warehouse and a work-shop. The following graph shows our electricity bills since we moved in, in 2019. There is a more detailed story to the peaks and troughs you can see, but you get the idea. And yes, we do have a solar system, but we are doing so much more as well.
If you would like to learn more about how you can make significant cost reductions on your home or business electricity bills, contact us on Ph: 4772 7394, E-mail: email@example.com or visit our office at 1 Carse St, Hyde Park.